Panel Discussion : Can advanced analytics teach us to cure complex disease?
John P. Overington, Director of Bioinformatics at BenevolentAI will be joining a panel discussion around advanced analytics in drug discovery.
Chaired by Claus Bendtsen, Head of computational Biology at AstraZeneca, the panel will discuss the following topics:
- Where can predictive modelling and network analysis have the most impact now and in the future?
- How can machine learning resources be vetted and validated?
- Discuss the pros and cons of representing complex dependencies using networks
- Discuss the paths for the advancement of computational algorithms in developing methods for new medicines that are discovered and developed
- Examples of exploring multiple hypotheses and within large sets of heterogenous data