The Research Software Engineer will be a core team member of our high impact AI research team based in New York. The Research Software Engineer will work alongside leading AI Researchers providing rapid prototyping of their advanced AI algorithms.
Working in cross functional teams with rapid feedback loops, you will spend your time coming up with the best database servers, graph data structures, machine learning frameworks, distributed computing and data repositories. The infrastructure will be a mixture of local development servers and cloud.
There will be the opportunity for the Research Software Engineer to work across different technologies and be able to contribute to ever evolving needs of our environment.
You will be joining our Agile development teams, be an advocate of high-quality engineering and best-practice in production software as well as rapid prototypes. You must be a strong communicator who can explain what is required to build and deliver great software products. You will be keen to work with the rest of the team and develop collaboratively.
You will promote test-driven-development and other Agile best-practices for ensuring the software is resilient enough for our scientists to rely upon.
The Company – BenevolentAI
This is a great opportunity to get involved at a company with strong financial backing and global ambitions. BenevolentAI is the global leader in the development and application of AI for scientific innovation and one of the world’s top five private AI companies. It is transforming the process of scientific discovery by enabling previously unimaginable scientific advances in the accelerated development of new medicines.
Our office is located in downtown New York on the 18th floor at Fulton Street with a great view. We’re a relaxed office, with a friendly atmosphere and a diverse team of clever people from around the world. We can offer an attractive benefits package and competitive salary.
Our mission is to increase the efficiency and success of the R&D process. Society has created huge quantities of complex information and data but the ability to use this to create knowledge for drug discovery and development is still at its infancy. BenevolentAI combines experts in AI to improve these tools with researchers from drug discovery, and our aim is to discover and commercialize many new treatments, especially for rare diseases, at a cost 100x lower than traditional pharmaceutical companies.
BenevolentAI is a unique company in the AI space because we don’t need to sell or hype up AI. Instead, we believe we can reap the benefits of our own AI, demonstrating world changing improvements in the discovery process by making these discoveries ourselves.
· Proficient programming skills in at least one of Python or Java. The ideal candidate will be skilled in both.
· A problem-solving mind set with an agnostic approach to languages and technology
· A sharpness of thought and proactive mindset, with a strong focus on effective output and project completion.
· Knowledge of relevant technologies and opinions on what to use. Technologies we’re interested in: Java, Python, Neo4J, ElasticSearch, Linux, Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Docker, Bamboo, Travis, Terraform, AWS, EC2, Jenkins, Sonar, Git, VMWare, Saltstack, Atlassian, MySQL, NoSQL, Hadoop, Spark, Nginx, Apache
· A strong advocate of test driven development, automated testing and other practices for producing resilient software.
· Experience of Agile scrum, fast iterative environments, and version control.
· A mission driven attitude and natural problem solving ability
Competitive salary, depending on experience, extensive benefits.
If this challenge and opportunity excites you, please send your CV and a covering letter here